Directions To Fitzwilliam Townhouse
From Dublin Airport by Airlink 757 (leaves you 550-meters from Fitzwilliam)
(one way €7 / return trip €12)
When you exit the Dublin Airport (DUB) arrival hall, turn left and you will see the bus stop for the Airlink Bus (BUS NO:757), this bus will take you to Dublin city centre and you need to get off the bus on Merrion Street (Bus Stop Number: 2811)
- 550-meters from Fitzwilliam Townhouse
- journey time is approximately 40-minutes.
- leaves the airport every 30-minutes (5-minutes to the hour and 25-minutes after the hour) with exception of very early in the morning between 5:45AM and 7AM if leaves every 50-minutes. Visit Airlink Timetable here
- When you leave the bus turn to the right and walk to the top of Merrion Street towards Baggot Street Lower.
- turn left into Baggot St. Lower and walk 400-meters.
- Fitzwilliam Townhouse is situated on the right at the traffic lights on the corner at the juction of Fitzwilliam Street Upper and Baggot Street Lower.
- On return to Dublin Airport the bus stop is situated on Merrion Row - 500 meters from Fitzwilliam - Bus Stop: 748 and Bus No: 757
From Dublin Airport by Aircoach (leaves you 900-meters from Fitzwilliam)
(one way €8.50 / return trip €14)
When you exit the Dublin Airport (DUB) arrival hall, turn left and you will see a bus stop for Aircoach, this bus will take you to Dublin city centre and you need to get off the bus on Leeson St. Lower
- 900-meters from Fitzwilliam Townhouse
- journey time is approximately 50-minutes.
- leaves the airport every 15-minutes.
- When you leave the bus turn to the right and walk along the street for 200-meters and turn left into Pembroke Street.
- 350-meters turn right onto Fitzwilliam Square and 150-meters turn left onto Fitzwilliam St. Upper.
- Walk 200-meters - Fitzwilliam Townhouse is situated on the right at the traffic lights on the corner at the juction of Fitzwilliam Street Upper and Baggot Street Lower.
Getting to Fitzwilliam by Dublin Bus from O'Connell Street Area:
Suitable for guests coming from Busaras Central Bus Station or Connolly Train Station
Bus Numbers 38 & 38B cross Dublin City centre and pass Fitzwilliam Street very frequently. The bus stop is outside Burger King Shop on O'Connell St. We are only 5 stops from O'Connell Street, which is the centre of Dublin City. Busaras (the Central Bus Station) and Connolly Train Station are both only a 8-minute walk from O'Connell Street. O'Connell Street to Fitzwilliam Townhouse is €1.80 (exact money as no change is given)
If you take a bus from Dublin Airport or from any other part of Ireland to Busaras you can walk to O'Connell Street and you will be travelling south bound on the bus to Fitzwilliam St : Baggot St junction. (Dublin bus drivers are very helpful)
Note: There is are 3 Bus options from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre
- Aircoach €8.50 one way and €14.00 return
- Airlink Bus will take you to O'Connell Street and you walk up the street a little to the 38/38B bus stop. Airlink is €6 one way and €10 return.
- Number 16 Bus - this is a Dublin Bus that has many stops along the way and will cost €3.05 from the Airport to O'Connell Street, again once you get off this bus you just walk up the street a little to the Number 38/38B bus stop. The journey from O'Connell Street to Fitzwilliam
- Townhouse will cost €2.00 (no change is given on Dublin Bus).
Suitable for Guests arriving into Dublin by Heuston Train Station
Take any bus from Heuston Station to O'Connell Bridge and you can take the Number 37, 39/39A from Bachelors Walk (this is an area on the North side of O'Connell Bridge, same side as the GPO).
The fare is €1.80 and you get off at Fitzwilliam St : Baggot St junction. The bus stop is outside a Spar Shop.
Please do not hesitate to email us if you need more assistance with directions. Dublin City is easy to get around and there is no real need for a car. We are happy to assist with public transport travel plans.
Directions from Dublin Airport by car
- At roundabout take the 2nd exit (signposted Way Out)
- At Airport Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the M1 (signposted Dublin)
- Leave motorway, then merge onto the N1 Entering Dublin
- At traffic signals continue forward onto Swords Road - N1 (signposted City Centre)
- At traffic signals continue forward onto Drumcondra Road Lower - N1 (signposted City Centre)
- At Junction 73 turn right onto the R105 (signposted City Centre)
- At traffic signals continue forward onto Memorial Road - R105 (one-way)
- Continue forward onto the R802
- Turn right onto the R814
- Continue forward onto the R118
- Bear right
- Turn right at Kildare St/N11
- Turn left at N11/St Stephen's Green
- Continue to follow N11
- Turn right at N11/Upper Fitzwilliam Street
- The Fitzwilliam Townhouse is the first building on the left-hand side.